Server Map Rotation and Mods?

🎮 Free to play fast passed online multiplayer first-person shooter

Do you prefer vanilla (original) maps for the server without mods?

Original Vanilla server please
17%
Sentinels
33%
Rumple mods
17%
Relics
33%

Total votes: 6

MASTER

Server Map Rotation and Mods?

Post by MASTER » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:59 am

I am wondering what to do with the map rotation. I will change this topic accordingly. :)
My ingame Player name = iCQ or ut.SPCL.tk

LexsLavrov

Re: Server Map Rotation and Mods?

Post by LexsLavrov » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:22 pm

For my taste - mods, new maps, sentinels, relics are good. More abilities. More to learn.
Example - if no senti you just search for better tactics for you. But if there are senti - you search sweet spots for senti, experiment with senti types and settings. Never boring.
I used to play at the server where there was only one map - suspense. It was fun, especially when server almost full of people. But i got bored anyway.

MASTER

Post by MASTER » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:10 am

LexsLavrov wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:22 pm
For my taste - mods, new maps, sentinels, relics are good. More abilities. More to learn.
Example - if no senti you just search for better tactics for you. But if there are senti - you search sweet spots for senti, experiment with senti types and settings. Never boring.
I used to play at the server where there was only one map - suspense. It was fun, especially when server almost full of people. But i got bored anyway.
I tend to agree with you on this, uuh wait i need to vote myself, brb.

BUT... i remember the days of Suspense and VCTF... all vanilla and very populair.

Also i play some RUMPLE lately... and i been in dFb clan (been member to my shame, what a bunch!)... in dFb server we not play vanilla. Good times....

There are SO many servers up... it is hard for me to see what is popular now. What can i offer? VolGoDom is nice (down at the moment). But i am afraid not every player likes it.

Hard questions. Thanks for your input Lex! ;) (lets see what will happen)

p.s. yes i remember you from the Suspense (demo?) server. EPIC....

Strykerblade from XMP is here on the forums also.. .let us see if he cast a vote.

P.s. LEX.... do you visit the russian VK sometimes? U got any idea how long VolGoDom is going to run? I just cannot get a word out of the Admin about this matter (future of the server, most popular server of 2019).

LexsLavrov

Post by LexsLavrov » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:46 pm

it is hard for me to see what is popular now
gametracker.com will help
Browse all UT III servers https://www.gametracker.com/search/ut3/
Rank 1 equals most popular thing :)
do you visit the russian VK sometimes?
Never. Don't even have an account.

FYI. I was browsing gametracker and found another sentinel server

Code: Select all

SENTINEL @ kaluga.org Address: 91.223.128.109 Port: 7778
Also Russian. Played a little. Noted interesting feature. Player senti parts supply does not grow by itself. You only pick up parts and destroy active vehicles. Changes game actually. Sentinels become more precious :)
Also full set of relics I think, but no extra sounds mod.

MASTER

Post by MASTER » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:17 am

Yeah i played that server several times. The crash bug with relics still there (die, go back where u dropped ur relics and pick them both up can cause ur game to lock and crash).

Less sent components indeed/no regeneration... and same older version of the sent plugin.

Sorry bit busy here this week. Will come back/repky all later. :arrow:

Lex.have u tried the MONSTERWAVE (last vote in gameptype) on the upper left of the vote screen called INVASION):
https://www.gametracker.com/server_info ... .176:7777/

There are also sents in them but not all maps! Just a few of them:

Or this server: MONSTER MASH
https://www.gametracker.com/server_info ... .223:7777/

Invasion is funny, especially when u get to higher levels.

LexsLavrov

Post by LexsLavrov » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:17 pm

I remember invasion mode from UT II. Actually it is not better than warfare... But it should depend on map.
Warfare allows one team build a defence so other team will play invasion ;) And at some point they can switch roles.

MASTER

Post by MASTER » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:12 am

hahaha yes yes so true sir!!! :o :)

LexsLavrov

Post by LexsLavrov » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:37 pm

I've been thinking on that crash symptoms... For me it is not necessary connected to the relics. Yes, most time when I pick a relic - game hangs up. Just any relic, any time. I remember just joining, picking a relic and hang.
Also when there is a very active situation. Something like two sentinels self destructing because of redeemer explosion. This may result to game crash or hang up.
By crash I mean than game closes in some time, couple minutes usually. By hang I mean game stays hanged. Application is still running but you can not do anything. The only way is to kill a process.